Episode 2: Inspiration
In this episode, we invite composers Richard Rijnvos, Cassandra Miller, and Supriya Nagarajan to share their music and thoughts exploring the theme of Inspiration.
From gardening, cheesecakes and lullabies, to listening to our own bodies as a source of inspiration, join our CEO Susanna Eastburn MBE and composer Des Oliver for a unique insight into composing.
This podcast was produced by Michael Umney (Resonance FM) and mixed by Chris Bartholomew, with the theme tune composed by Rob Bentall. Our recommendation at the end is for record label another timbre.
In this episode, you listened to the following music and sounds:
Richard Rijnvos (b.1964)
- fuoco e fumo (2013), performed by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra and released on their own label
- Riflesso sullo spazio (2019), performed by the Ives Ensemble, courtesy of Richard Thomas Foundation Recordings and Wyastone Estate
Cassandra Miller (b.1976)
- Tracery: Lazy, Rocking (2017) by Cassandra Miller, performed by Juliet Fraser courtesy of all that dust records
- Duet for Cello and Orchestra (2015), performed by Charles Curtis (cello) and the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Ilan Volkov; released by another timbre records
- Lullaby — Sonic Cradle (2018/19), recorded in the Hepworth Gallery in Yorkshire and Oslo Central Station
Our heartfelt thanks to the record labels, performers, composers and organisations who allowed us to include excerpts of these recordings on the podcast.