The Adopt a Music Creator scheme, created in partnership with Making Music, matches leisure time ensembles, choirs, bands and orchestras with a composer for a year. The composer and ensemble collaborate on the creation of a new piece leading to a performance, recording and possible radio broadcast.
Composers are supported by professional mentors throughout the year, take part in several skill sharing days and their music is added to Making Music’s library of repertoire. Adopt a Music Creator is supported by the PRS Foundation.
Adopt a Music Creator 2023 Premiere Dates
- 20 October 2023 – Joshua Kaye with Orchestra of the City – St Andrew’s, 5 St Andrew St, London, EC4A 3AF – 7.30pm
- 28 October 2023 – Anselm McDonnell with Northern Ireland Concert Band – Parliament Buildings, Stormont Estate, Belfast – time TBC
- 28 October 2023 – Georgina MacDonnel Finlayson with Shenstone Singers & Shenstone Roses – Lifecentral Church, Little Cornbow, Halesowen, B63 3AJ – 2.30pm
- 18 November 2023 – Peter Falconer with Band of the Surrey Yeomanry – Woldingham Village Hall, Station Road, Woldingham CR3 7EU – 7.30pm
- 1 December 2023 – Robin Fiedler with Regent Brass Band & Camden Brass Band – Regent Hall, Oxford – 7pm
- 10 December 2023 – Fraz Ireland with Blackheath Choir – St Margaret’s Church, Brandram Road, London SE13 5DL – 7.30
It’s been a rewarding challenge to work with the Northern Irish Concert Band and try to bring together our musical experiences and interests into one piece. The band have been very generous with their openness to try out new things, and I’ve learnt a lot about the concert band sound and the interesting combinations that can be created with their instruments. I’m really looking forward to being able to share what we’ve created later in October!
Read about the project pairings and their creative journeys at the Adopt a Music Creator opportunities page.
For more information, contact Sally Palmer, Making Music Projects Manager, at email@example.com