Orchestras Live is seeking to develop and grow our Board of Trustees across a range of skills and backgrounds, to help us deliver our vision that Orchestras are for Everyone and deliver our ambitious new Business Plan.
Who we are looking for, and why
We are looking forward to welcoming up to four new trustees who will be active, enthusiastic and involved members of our dynamic and motivated team.
Our current trustees bring a wide range of expertise and diverse perspectives to Orchestras Live.
To ensure that we maintain a plurality of voices and provide the relevant expertise to support the organisation as it embarks on a period of growth, we have identified specific areas of focus for our current trustee recruitment.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who bring insight across one or more of the following essential areas:
- Workforce development – early career and conservatoire curriculum with a particular focus on inclusive pathways into the profession.
- Public sector commissioning from sectors such as health & wellbeing/social prescribing, local government/place based development, contributing to Orchestras Live’s growing focus on earned income.
- Governance in relation to financial planning and management.
In addition, please let us know if you are able to bring knowledge in one or more of the following beneficial areas.
- Experience or understanding of the challenges faced by communities in historically under-invested areas.
- The West or East Midlands region.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, age groups and cultures. The Board has made specific commitments to embed equity of access and opportunity across our delivery programme and organisational structure. To help us deliver these, we are keen to hear from Black, Asian, and ethnically diverse, D/deaf and disabled candidates to support better representation on our board and in leadership positions in our sector.
Candidates who self-identify as belonging to one or more of these groups, can bring insight into one of the essential areas listed above and who have senior level experience as an executive or trustee will be guaranteed an online interview at the first stage.
We offer access support for people who face barriers to inclusion, meeting in accessible venues, being flexible in scheduling meetings at different times of day and covering travel expenses as outlined in our Inclusion Statement.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 5 June 2023.
For full details and how to apply, visit https://www.orchestraslive.org.uk/opportunities/trustee-recruitment