This opportunity is a request for collaborator, please note it may not adhere to Sound and Music’s Fair Access Principles.
Open Call: Pianist sought to video record a recent contemporary piano work
Funding (£1,000 – £1,250)
Advanced/Virtuosic Solo Piano: Romantic/Contemporary.
31st March 2022 for responses, 30th June 2022 for completed video recordings.
Talented and enthusiastic pianist required to perform and video record a recently new piano piece.
‘The Raymond Variations’ for piano is a short (approx. 8 minutes) virtuosic piano piece composed and premiered in 2015. It is a Set of 9 short variations based on the andantino themes from the Raymond Overture by Ambroise Thomas. The composer is looking to work (online) with a talented pianist. The pianist will then video record his/her performances of the piece (3 separate performance recordings will be required for video editing and final video creation purposes).
The composer will arrange to have the supplied video recordings edited and will arrange production of the final completed video. Additionally (and subject to suitably high quality HD video recordings being supplied) the pianist’s video performance may be advertised for publicity in ‘International Piano’, or other similar music magazine and/or website(s).
If you are interested in this opportunity please email: email@example.com giving your website details and/or links to video recordings of some of your recent piano performances.
Talented pianists from all backgrounds and age groups are invited to reply and selection will include:
- Performance experience, technical expertise and professionalism
- Music training and qualifications
- Proposed performance space (Practice studio, Hall, Small room, large room etc.)
- Proposed video recording method and equipment
- Instrument type to be used (Concert grand, Baby grand etc.)
- And finally (in the first or second week in April) email or Zoom call(s) (or similar) between the composer and a shortlist of 2 or 3 artists for an individual informal chat and to get some finer details about this opportunity and to select the pianist.
Further details about this work including a perusal score (scroll to bottom of the page and see under Details/View Score) and a digital recording can be found at:
The Raymond Variations (Set: 1) | British Music Collection
Please only respond if you have listened to the recording and looked through the full perusal score and feel confident you are able to comfortably perform this piece.
Thank you for showing an interest in this opportunity.