We’re looking for four composers to take part in New Streams, an exciting new project created to open up the world of writing for screen.
The styles and sounds that make up film and TV soundtracks are becoming increasingly eclectic and many composers are already writing unique, emotive, and sonically rich pieces that have a huge amount of potential in these industries.
PRS for Music is delighted to partner with Riot Ensemble, Pusher and Chris Roe to offer composers the opportunity to adapt one of their existing works for a film, TV and media brief, and gain valuable knowledge of the workings of this industry.
Details of the project
The four successful composers will:
- Work with award-winning composer Chris Roe (Trigger Point, After Love) to adapt an existing composition for screen.
- Have their work professionally recorded by Riot Ensemble.
- Receive mentoring from bespoke composition and sync agency Pusher, who will demystify the process of writing for film, TV, and marketing briefs.
- Retain 100% ownership of their compositions and recordings.
Who can enter?
This project is open to PRS members over 18 years of age but is targeted at contemporary classical composers who have written music for a chamber ensemble of up to eight players (any line-up).
How to enter
To be considered for the development opportunity, you need to submit:
- A score for an original composition for chamber ensemble of up to eight players (any line-up)
- A completed application form (answers should be kept under 200 words)
- A recording or MIDI realisation of the score (if possible)
The judging panel will consist of Aaron Holloway-Nahum (Riot Ensemble), Jacob Wiltshire (Pusher) and independent composers appointed by PRS for Music.
Submissions close Friday 3 February 2023.
If you’re not able to submit your work using the application form, or have any queries or requirements related to your application, please contact Daniel Lewis, Classical Relationship Manager.
Please make sure you have read the Terms and Conditions before entering.
- Closing date for applications: 3 February 2023
- Successful composers will be informed by: 27 February 2023
- Introductory meeting with Riot Ensemble and Pusher: 6 March 2023
- Mentoring: 3 online sessions with Chris Roe and Pusher between March–July 2023
- Recording session with Riot Ensemble: July 2023