Odeum Music Centre at Lund University is looking for compositions that include video, to be performed within the Lund Contemporary 2023 festival in Lund, Sweden.
Lund Contemporary is a festival for contemporary art music organised by Odeum in collaboration with local and regional ensembles and institutions. The festival has previously taken place in 2017, 2019 and 2021.
Lund Contemporary 2023 will take place on 9-12 February 2023.
The application form for this Call for Music can be found at https://www.odeum.lu.se/en/form/lund-contemporary-2023-call-music
For more information on Lund Contemporary, please have a look at the festival homepage www.odeum.lu.se/LC (in Swedish, with a short summary in English).
Requirements and conditions:
- The call is open to composers of any nationality, with no restrictions whatsoever.
- Deadline: October 30th, 23:59 (CET). Applications submitted after that will not be considered.
- Each composer may submit more than one composition. In this case you have to make a new application for each work.
- The application must be in English.
- The composition must include video. The video will be projected on stage in front of the audience.
- The sound can be purely electronic, purely instrumental or for instrument(s) with electronics.
- Allowed instruments are flute, clarinet/bass clarinet, violin and piano. Please limit to two instruments maximum.
- Technical restrictions: The video and electronic sounds must be possible to realise from a computer and in a stereo setup.
- Maximum duration: 15 minutes.
- By submitting, the author accepts to provide the performance materials at no further cost for the organiser.
- When filling the submission form, you will be asked to insert your personal data and information about the piece you are submitting, including links to the recording and to the score if relevant.
- Please note that we only accept streamed video (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) for the recording and only direct links to PDF files for the score (no WeTransfer or other time-limited services).
- In case of selection, you will need to send us all files needed for realising the performance
The results of the selection process will be published in mid-December 2022.
David Riebe (artistic director of the festival; composer)
Alessandro Perini (composer)
Tine Surel Lange (composer and interdisciplinary artist)