Join BCMG as Learning Trainee from September 2022 to August 2023!
The BCMG Learning Traineeship has run since 2005 with the aim of providing recent graduates with a supported experience of working in an arts organisation. In particular, it is a chance for them to learn about music education and outreach in the context of a music ensemble. The trainees work with BCMG for a year and take part in a wide range of practical activity, shadowing different workshop leaders, working alongside BCMG musicians, as well as supporting the projects through helping with their administration.
The requirements of the role are:
- 2.5 days per week for 12 months starting on or around 1st September 2022.
- Place of work will be BCMG offices at CBSO Centre, Birmingham. It is expected that there will be a mix of remote and office working. Working days are flexible, but need to be agreed with the Director of Learning and Participation.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Director of Learning and Participation and the Learning Coordinator, assisting with BCMG’s busy and innovative Learning and Participation Programme. The post holder will provide administrative support for the programme and become involved practically in projects. The training will happen on the job but there may be opportunities to attend relevant external training.
The post will involve:
- Learning and Participation Programme administration
- Booking musicians & issuing contracts
- Managing event bookings
- Supporting event management
- Maintaining databases
- Looking after the Learning Programme musical instruments and other resources
- Collating evaluation feedback
- Supporting the Marketing Executive to raise the profile of our events
- Updating the Learning section of the BCMG website
- Miscellaneous admin
Our ideal candidate would have the following qualities:
- A passion for music education
- A passion for contemporary music
- Experience working with children and young people
- Planning and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good written English
- IT and digitally-literate
- Performance or composition skills
- Ability to work along or as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible with working days
- Imagination, initiative, flexibility and creativity
How to apply
Please complete an application form and equal opportunities form and return to email@example.com no later than Monday the 13th of June at 5pm.
Interviews will be held week beginning the 11th of July.