KICKSTART Marketing Assistant // Part time, 6 month contract // National Living Wage
This post is supported by the Department for Work & Pensions KICKSTART Scheme. It provides funding to employers to create jobs for 16 – 24 year olds on Universal Credit for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months. Please contact your Work Coach to check your eligibility. You MUST add a NOTE of interest HERE before you apply for this position (simply tell your Work Coach you are applying for this job)
Application Deadline: 17:00 BST Fri 07 Jan 2022
Cryptic is a Glasgow based arts producing house known for presenting today’s most imaginative, innovative artists whilst also nurturing the creative talent of tomorrow. The successful candidate will support Cryptic’s marketing and communications across our core programmes of work, Cryptic Artists, Cryptic Nights and Sonica.
This is an opportunity for you to connect, spark conversations and share captivating content with our audiences across the globe, whilst gaining new insights into all aspects of successful campaign planning and delivery. If you have your finger on the pulse, follow all the latest trends and are open to new challenges, then this could be the role for you.
Working closely alongside the Cryptic team, you will assist with day-to-day activities plus the planning and delivery of all project marketing plans.
Digital Media and Website:
- To assist in the development of digital media content;
- To assist with the planning and scheduling of posts and stories, plus writing engaging copy for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
- To assist in monitoring of our impact and follower activity across social media;
- To assist with general and targeted digital advertising;
- To assist with the monitoring and updating of other sources of digital media, including the content on our Cryptic website, plus third-party platforms, Music Glue, Soundcloud, Vimeo etc.;
- To regularly update our database of subscribers;
- To assist with other data entry.
- To assist in the development and design of content;
- To assist with the general and targeted distribution of printed campaign materials such as posters and flyers;
- To assist in preparing additional printed materials such as audience feedback forms, press packs, programmes and signage;
- To assist in compiling all press and media coverage received prior to, during and following our events.
- To answer email, social and telephone enquiries;
- To assist with Front of House duties, particularly answering audience enquiries; programme distribution, and set up and tidying of all public areas as required;
- To assist with hospitality duties at event openings, particularly set up and tidying of all areas as required.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate via discussion with the Cryptic team.
What we’re looking for:
- An interest in marketing;
- A competent level of computer literacy;
- A lively personality;
- Good interpersonal skills with a professional approach to all forms of communication;
- A high standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail;
- Good organisation skills and an ability to work to deadlines;
- A willingness and flexibility to learn and then operate new procedures effectively.
What will you learn?
- Skills across our digital suite of programmes including iMovie, Photoshop, Salesforce and WordPress;
- How to plan and deliver successful campaigns
- How to make these campaigns more accessible for diverse audiences;
- An understanding of widespread and targeted digital and traditional advertising techniques;
- Data analytics and evaluation of campaigns, digital and live experiences;
- Best practice in delivering excellent customer service both in person and online.
Additionally, you will also have the opportunity to complete Google’s certified digital marketing programme and to participate in the Glasgow Chambers of Commerce KICKSTART wrap-around support. There is also the potential to participate in arts industry-specific events and seminars.
Number of hours per week: 25
Working Pattern: A combination of full days, half days and evening work. Flexibility required.
To apply, please complete the application form below and if you have any questions, email Kirsty Fraser, Administrator here.
The form does not save as you are filling it in, so we advise you to write your answers into a separate document, save it on your computer, then copy and paste your answers into the form in case you lose your connection or refresh the page while you are filling it in.
If there is another format that would support you to do your best application then please get in touch here.
Application Deadline: 17:00 BST Fri 07 Jan 2022
Cryptic is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to promoting diverse, equal and inclusive spaces and welcome applications from people of all sectors of the community. This post is supported by the Department for Work & Pensions KICKSTART Scheme.