KICKSTART Admin Assistant // Part time, 6 month contract // National Living Wage
This post is supported by the Department for Work & Pensions KICKSTART Scheme. It provides funding to employers to create jobs for 16 – 24 year olds on Universal Credit for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months. Please contact your Work Coach to check your eligibility. You MUST add a NOTE of interest HERE before you apply for this position (simply tell your Work Coach you are applying for this job)
Application Deadline: 17:00 BST Fri 07 Jan 2022
Cryptic is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Admin Assistant to join our small team. The successful candidate will assist in the delivery of Cryptic’s Sonica Glasgow festival, 10 – 20 March 2022 and other upcoming Cryptic projects.
Cryptic is an internationally-renowned producing art house based in Glasgow, presenting today’s most imaginative, innovative artists whilst also nurturing the creative talent of tomorrow. We create memorable experiences that engage and inspire our audiences. Cryptic ‘ravishes the senses’ with multi-media performances that fuse music, sonic and visual art.
Founded by Cathie Boyd in 1994, the company thrives on artistic innovation and creative risk-taking, which has created an environment where artists have been encouraged to push artistic boundaries.
Cryptic’s three main projects are:
- Cryptic Nights – talent spotter
A regular performance platform for Scottish-based emerging artists;
- Cryptic Artists – supporting talent
A talent development programme to nurture and develop the next generation of UK based artists;
- Sonica– sonic arts for the visually minded
A festival of world-class visual sonic arts, presenting British talent alongside exceptional international artists;
The Admin Assistant is an integral supportive position within Cryptic which will assist the rest of the Cryptic team with the administration and delivery of Sonica and the artistic programme.
Duties will include:
- Assist in the administration and delivery of Sonica, Cryptic Nights and Cryptic Artists programmes;
- Maintain schedules and contact lists;
- Assist with Front of House duties;
- Assist in accommodation and travel arrangements for visiting guests/artists;
- Assist in preparing artist travel packs and welcome packs;
- Artist liaison: welcome visiting guests/artists – meeting at airports etc., assist in looking after artists’ needs;
- General office administration including answering the phone and dealing with enquiries, filing, photocopying, maintaining office supplies, sourcing production materials etc.
- Assist the Artistic Director, Producer and Project Manager when required;
- Undertake any other duties as agreed are appropriate to the post.
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required of the Admin Assistant. It is not comprehensive or restrictive and may be reviewed with the post holder as required.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone interested in a career in arts administration and who has a passion for the arts;
- A good competent level of computer literacy;
- A lively personality;
- Good interpersonal skills with a professional approach;
- A high standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail;
- Good organisation skills and an ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own;
- A willingness and flexibility to learn.
What will you learn?
You will work closely with the Project Manager who will provide you with informal mentoring support and hands on learning including:
- Experience of working within a fast paced office environment;
- An insight into how to plan and deliver successful projects and performances;
- Knowledge of how an international arts festival is planned and delivered;
- Experience of working with a range of artists;
- Front of house experience at major arts venues across Glasgow;
- An understanding of how to manage volunteers;
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to participate in the Glasgow Chambers of Commerce Kickstart wrap-around support. There is also the potential to participate in arts industry-specific events and seminars.
Number of hours per week: 25
Working Pattern: A combination of full days, half days and evening work. Flexibility required.
To apply, please complete the application form below and if you have any questions, email Kirsty Fraser, administrator here.
The form does not save as you are filling it in, so we advise you to write your answers into a separate document, save it on your computer, then copy and paste your answers into the form in case you lose your connection or refresh the page while you are filling it in.
If there is another format that would support you to do your best application then please get in touch here.
Application Deadline: 17:00 BST Fri 07 Jan 2022
Cryptic is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to promoting diverse, equal and inclusive spaces and welcome applications from people of all sectors of the community. This post is supported by the Department for Work & Pensions KICKSTART Scheme.