At Come Play With Me we work to shine a light on some of the amazing artists based in Yorkshire and now we’re reopening our submissions to platform a new selection of musicians and bands. This time we’ll be putting together a compilation album showcasing creatives of colour from around the county.
What we’re offering
– One track per artist/band to be included on an approximately 12 track Come Play With Me compilation album, which will be released on 12″ vinyl (or an alternative equivalent if more suitable to the majority of artists on the release) and digitally.
– All tracks will be mastered by a professional engineer, TBC.
– A professional marketing and press campaign from Hanglands.
– Support from our team before and during the release period, including group mentoring sessions.
How to apply
Simply follow the guidelines and fill in the sections below, then hit submit to be considered. Please make sure that any links sent are still live until you hear back from us so that we can properly assess your application. The longer questions can be answered with written words or via video.
The questions below are to give you an opportunity to demonstrate how inclusion in a CPWM release will help you move to the next level. Our judges will be looking to get a feel for if you are at the right stage to benefit from this opportunity.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for our current open submission:
– The artist (or at least half of the band members) must be based in Yorkshire.
– The artist (or at least half of the band members, or the main creator within a band) must be black, Asian, indigenous, or of mixed black and/or Asian and/or indigenous heritage.
If you are unsure if this particular call out is open to you, do feel free to email email@example.com
Extended deadline: Thursday 3rd December 11:59 pm
Advice Sessions: If you would like to discuss your project with one of the CPWM team, we are offering short advice sessions Weds 18th Nov (3-5pm) and Thurs 19th Nov (5-7pm.) These can be booked here: https://musicleeds.appointlet.com/b/come-play-with-me
What happens next?
Once the deadline has passed, we will share submissions with an initial panel of well-respected local music industry folks (press, record labels, musicians, DJs etc.) to choose the most exciting submissions, ready for our final selection panel. Both panels will be made up of a diverse, new, range of people from the music industry, so if you’ve applied before your application will be seen by different judges than last time.
For further guidance on the application and FAQs take a look at this document: bit.ly/3dYXdCW
To find out more about CPWM head to cpwm.co
If you require any further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org