Round 3 of the Covid-19 Composer Award is now open for applications! These awards are for composers and music creators who live outside of London. This is because our Covid-19 Impact Survey strongly indicated that composers outside of the capital have been disproportionately affected. You can read the joint response to the survey here.
They seek to award 15 small-scale grants of £500 to composers and music creators, in the UK and outside of London, looking to purchasing essential equipment or develop skills during this continued time of tiered restrictions, quarantine and uncertainty, particularly with a view to supporting individuals’ longer-term ability to sustain themselves and their careers.
What can the Award be used for?
Below is an example, not an exhaustive list, of the types of activities this Award can support:
- an online course
- a programme of coaching or mentoring sessions
- acquiring and learning new software or hardware packages
- acquiring technical equipment integral to the creation of a specified new work or livestreaming opportunity (e.g., LED lighting panels or camera)
- a self-directed learning project (e.g., learning performance skills)
- undertaking a recording of existing work
We are looking for applicants who have a clear idea of the activity they would like to undertake, what difference this will make and who will be able to pay for both the activity and their own time with the Award.
Find out more about the awards, including how to apply, here: https://soundandmusic.org/compose/covid-19-composer-awards/