This opportunity is a request for collaborator, please note it may not adhere to Sound and Music’s Fair Access Principles.
UK New Artists is seeking 10 artists working in any discipline from across the UK to join our New Artist Collective #2 (NAC2); a six-month programme taking place in Derby/ Derbyshire.
This opportunity is focused on collaboration, where selected artists will work together through guided commissions to create new work, learn from each other’s practices, and explore what a temporary artist collective might achieve in the city of Derby and the surrounding county of Derbyshire.
‘Taking Place’ (People, Place and Practice) launched in Lincoln in 2022 and offered the city a programme which focused on collaborative explorations by creatives, audiences, communities, young people and universities. Taking Place: Derby continues to explore and develop this model. The programme will consist of two parallel and intersecting programmes: New Artist Collective and Creative Citizens, which will cross over at various points, creating a space for learning and collaboration.
New Artist Collective: finance and ancillary support
- £1000 bursary paid in two instalments
- Appropriate accommodation will be provided in Derby/Belper (as needed)
- Suitable travel to and from Derby/Belper (as needed)
- Food will be provided at the two sharing weekends, residences and as needed for all other opportunities and events.
- ‘Creative Navigators’ will join NAC2 during the residencies, guiding and supporting artists through their artistic journey through connections with the local community and embedded knowledge of the city.
- Access to our ‘Creative Think Tank’ and UKNA team as sounding boards and support
- Marketing and promotional support from UKNA for work connected to the NAC
- Opportunities to gain paid work within the UKNA Creative Citizens Programme
The New Artist Collective is open to artists working in any discipline including applied art, design, digital art, literature, moving image, music, visual arts, performance.
We welcome applications from individuals and groups of up to 2 members.
How to Apply
Please follow the link below to apply on Zealous:
You will be asked to upload examples of your work/practice, which can be imagery, videos, sound, text, or a portfolio. Following that, there is a short application form to help the panel understand how you would benefit from the opportunity, and what you would bring to the New Artist Collective.
Application Deadline: Sunday 18th February 2024 at Midnight