deadline December 10st, 2022 24:00 (CET)
Hertzbreakerz, in collaboration with Ars Nova Society, is looking for music to be played within the 6th edition of the SOUND SPACES festival in Malmö, Sweden.
Within the frame of the festival, two or more pieces will be selected to be diffused live on a ~30-speakers acousmonium in a concert in collaboration with INTONAL Festival in April 2023.
(Here is a link to last year’s festival: https://hertzbreakerz.wordpress.com/category/sound-spaces-2022/).
In 2022 the winners of the acousmatic call were:
- Ni Zheng – “Abyssal”
- Adam Stanovic – “To US.S..S…”
- The call is open to composers of any nationality, with no restrictions whatsoever.
- Each composer may submit more than one composition. See next paragraph for specifications. Donations will be used to partially defray the costs of the performance.
- Any duration is accepted but we strongly recommend submissions not longer than 15/20 minutes
- By submitting, the author accepts to provide the performance materials at no further cost for the organization.
For the event we will set up a small acousmonium (around 30 speakers). This concert will happen in collaboration with INTONAL Festival.
In case of selection you will need to send us an uncompressed version of the file. Please note that we will only play STEREO files, diffusing them live on our acousmonium.
The piece/s will be selected and played on the acousmonium by Francesco Del Nero (composer, pianist, performer)
HOW TO SUBMIT:
A suggested donation of €5 for each submitted piece can be made through this link:
If you prefer to pay through regular wire transfer use this information, using your name and the word CALL as a reference:
Ars Nova Society
211 50 Malmö
IBAN: SE85 9500 0099 6034 0532 8497
Bank Name: Nordea
Account Number (only for transfers from Swedish accounts):: PlusGiro 53 28 49-7
To complete your application, fill this form:
You’ll be asked to insert your data and info about the piece(s) you are submitting, including download or streaming links to the recording.
For any further question please write to: hertzbreakerz at gmail com