Britten Pears Arts is a pioneering music, arts and heritage charity based on the Suffolk coast. It was created in 2020 when the two long-established charities which formed the legacy of Britten and Pears’ life and work, Snape Maltings (formerly Aldeburgh Music) and Britten-Pears Foundation came together.
The Artist Development team and opera programme works with established artists, young professionals and school-age musicians across a variety of opportunities, including Aldeburgh Young Musicians, the Britten-Pears Young Artist Programme and the extended Residencies programme.
This exciting new role will directly support the Artist Development team, and in particular the Programme Manager, Residencies, and Producer, Opera & Music Theatre, who deliver the year-round work in these departments. This could be your first or second step into an arts role which focusses on supporting artists creating new work across a range of music genres, including opera and music theatre.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has a love of music and an interest in working in a performing arts environment
- Has excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Can communicate clearly – verbally and in writing.
- Is able to work accurately and efficiently with excellent attention to detail
- Can remain calm and courteous when working under pressure and dealing with the public and artists
- Can multi-task and prioritise workload appropriately
- Has a positive and proactive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Can work well as part of a team.