Opportunity for a London or South East England-based artist/ creative practitioner to develop a theatrical performance piece with Echo Vocal Ensemble, in collaboration with Echo’s core company of eight singers, conductor Sarah Latto and theatre-maker Miriam Sherwood.
The project has a working title of “Listening to Lassus”, exploring the music of 16th century composer Orlandus Lassus. The initial concept is to take Lassus’ music as a starting point in an exploration of the act of listening, of the appeal (or not) of Renaissance music, and how an unfamiliar audience might approach the genre.
We are committed to working towards a more diverse cultural sector. Our recruitment process is open to all, but we are particularly keen to hear from candidates who identify as Black, Asian or minority Ethnic, disabled and/or working class, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
We are looking for a collaborator who:
– Will bring their own musical specialism to the project; e.g. spoken word, composition etc (no knowledge or experience of classical music is needed) or who has directing, presenting or writing experience.
– Will be able to demonstrate their experience in developing and delivering creative projects.
– Has confidence in leading and animating performers, and is comfortable and open to workshopping ideas within a creative team.
– Is excited by the concept of the project from a music and/or theatre perspective, and has a strong creative vision.
– Is passionate about producing an interdisciplinary arts project that doesn’t easily fit into typical categories of artistic practice.
The role will be paid at a rate of £150 per day plus travel expenses. Rehearsal dates are: 5-9th October 2020, 1-5th February 2021 and 24-27th February 2021. Full details at: www.echo-choir.com/recruiting