Amplify is the artist development programme from arts and nature organisation The Nest Collective. It aims to do as its name suggests: reinvigorate and develop contemporary and cross-cultural folk music in the UK by supporting the development of emerging music creators.
This year we are seeking four artists for our Amplify individually-tailored mentorship programme. Supported by PRS Foundation for Music and Arts Council England, and selected by a panel of industry professionals from an open call. The programme includes:
- Mentoring by industry professionals. Each artist will be paired with a mentor for a series of meetings
- £500 in seed funding to develop a project across their associate year. Eg: new work / recording project / new collaboration
- Showcase opportunities at Campfire Clubs, Magpie’s Nest festivals, and other Nest Collective events
- Facilitated networking with our wide range of industry contacts including agents, labels, studios, etc, tailored for each artist.
- Creation of digital promotion and assets, including a performance video, produced and promoted by the Nest Collective.
- Nature connection training as part of our upcoming 3-day residency.