Adopt a Music Creator is an exciting opportunity for emerging music creators to gain industry experience by composing a new piece of music in collaboration with a leisure-time music group, with the support of an experienced mentor.
It can be challenging for up-and-coming music creators to find their footing and develop their skills in a competitive industry. This project gives creators the chance to collaborate with one leisure-time music group from our membership base of over 3,900 members, spanning a wide number of genres and styles, like classical, folk, jazz, samba, pop and more.
What do music creators gain from this project?
By participating in the Adopt a Music Creator project, you will get the chance to:
- collaborate with the members of a leisure-time music group
- write a new music piece tailored to the group’s specific needs, of which you retain all rights
- work with a musical director
- learn from an experienced mentor who will support you throughout the creative process
- access wider contacts and audiences
- attend music creator skills days
- build confidence in your skills and expertise
- publish blog posts detailing your collaboration’s progress which will be promoted to Making Music’s networks
- premiere your piece in a public performance
- have your piece professionally recorded.