Call For Touring Proposals
Sound and Music is seeking to develop a touring programme across England that reflects a breadth of scale and style.
We are keen to create a balanced offer to audiences across the full range of new music practice.
Our involvement in touring will be as a partner, not simply a funder. We will work with partners to develop ideas, support audience development and help facilitate production, where necessary.
We anticipate being able to fund a minimum of three tours per year (depending on scale and budget).
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
The next opportunity to send in your expressions of interest will be 1st July 2013 with a deadline noon 2nd September. This will be for projects starting no earlier than February 2014.
We will be seeking proposals that will take the form of a simple description and outline budget that:
- Demonstrate artistic excellence
- Feature UK resident composers/artists
- Allow UK resident composers/artists to expand their practice and audience
- Have a good geographical spread across England, with a minimum of 3 provisional dates
- Due to the funding around Sound and Music's touring programme we are only able to support work taking place in England
- Provide opportunities for engaging new audiences or to build existing audiences (in partnership with Sound and Music)
- Commence touring activity at least five months after the submission deadline; longer lead in times are possible
- Offer good value for money
- We will only support performances taking place in England
- Touring opportunities that provide exposure for and develop emerging talent are encouraged
- We welcome proposals from individual composers/artists as well as producers and promoters including venues
- We welcome both early stage and more developed proposals
Sound and Music will meet with those that submit strong proposals that fit with the above criteria. This meeting does not constitute a guarantee of support, but represents a commitment to exploring possibilities
- Multiple submissions are possible in each round
- Proposals from international composers/artists/producers are accepted though all supported projects need to feature UK resident composers/artists
- Tours of various scales will be considered
Sound and Music will advertise 3 submission deadlines a year
- We will consider all submitted proposals and meet with those who most strongly meet the criteria above, prior to making a final decision
- Some submission deadlines will ultimately result in more than one tour; others may result in none
- Some proposals may need a further development period before a final tour commitment
- Proposals may also be for tours that are in future years
Finally, as we develop our touring programme we will be also making decisions based on achieving a reasonable balance and range of styles of new music, and having national reach. We are also seeking to have different scales of tour across the programme as a whole. There may therefore be strong proposals that we are unable to fund.
We will keep the process under review, aiming to improve it based on feedback and our own learning through running it.